Saturday, March 27, 2010

Moniker

     Hi.  I have a new name.  This is how it came about:  A few days ago, as C2 was walking by me he said, "Hello, Lola!"  
     "Is he talking to me?" I wondered.  Then he grabbed my hand and said, "C'mon, Lola!"  Where this came from, I do not know.  He called me Lola for most of the day.  
     The next day I asked him who Lola was.  He looked bewildered, so I thought it was a passing fancy.  The following day he got up and said, first thing, "Good morning, Lola."  Hmm.  So I am Lola.  Today he held my hand and said, "I love you, Lola."  I have no problem being Lola if he tells me that!
   But I'm still "Mommy!" in the middle of the night.

3 comments:

Quinne said...

your new name makes you sound very exotic. either that or you're a five year old english girl with a brother named charlie. either way i like it. good choice c2!

Cari Banning said...

Perhaps I should start speaking with a British accent. It's either that or a Spanish one, ¿no?

charrette said...

Lola has to be Italian!

I actually had a really good (mischievous) friend in 5th grade named Lola. She was Italian, one of 13 children.

I might actually have to start calling you Lola now too.
But PLEASE tell him that your middle name is Ramona!