It was 5 pm when we left the mall yesterday--dinnertime. I wanted to go home. They wanted to go see Daddy at his friends' house because our new dog was playing with their dog. (Did I mention we have a dog? I'd post a photo but my camera is in need of repair. He's a perfect fit for us, though). We negotiated.
I said: "We can only be there for 10 minutes, then we have to go home. Ten minutes is a very short visit. That means that when I say it's time to go, you both say, 'Okay, Mom.' Do you understand my words?"
R2 and C2: "Yes. Hurray!"
Me: "Okay, so if you two forget and say you're not ready to go when I say it's time, what do I get?"
R2: "One hundred and twenty kisses."
C2: "Upset."
---------------------
R2 went with R1 to get dinner last night (it really was only a 10 minute visit). While they were waiting for our food, R2 said to R1: "Dad, do you know why they call it 'the mall?'"
R1: "No, I don't know. Why?"
R2: "Because it has them all."
R1: "What do you mean it has the mall?"
R2: "It has them all." (She said to me later, "It has them all. Everything.")
R1: "Oh!"
-------------------
C2 said to me this afternoon: "Mom, do you know what 'blah, blah, blah' means?"
Me: "No, what does it mean?"
C2: "You say it when you talking to Mom or Dad. Mom or Dad talk and you say 'blah, blah, blah.'"
Sunday, March 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment