A couple of months ago I was outside with C2. We were playing together when, suddenly, he stopped and stomped away. Next thing I know, he thrusts his little arms into the folded position, tucks his chin and mutters, "Mad." I couldn't believe what I was seeing/hearing. Where did he learn this?! After a few seconds, he turns back around and virtually skips back to me with a big smile on his face ready to play again. I really had no idea what happened.
Well. Let me just describe what this brief, little expression has evolved into: Now, when he finds himself thwarted by me or R1, he clenches his fists and thrusts them straight down, leans forward, flexes every muscle in his little body and roars, "Mmmaad! Yyyyooou!"
It's really hard not to laugh.
And he still gets over it pretty fast. Whew!
1 comment:
It's probably really healthy that he has words to describe how he feels and is comfortable using them. (And recovers quickly too).
I used to have the hardest time not cracking up when my kids did stuff like that!
Post a Comment