Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Wandering Nativity

Most of our Christmas decorations stayed in the box this year.  The ornaments on the tree are non-breakable; the lights on the mantel are merely draped instead of secured.  I hesitated to put out my nativity pieces, but R2 begged, and I'm a pushover, so out they came.  The other decorations are kid-proof...

Or so I thought.

The nativity pieces have become action figures.  They have been party to many different scenes, roaming the house and settling in a new locale, reconfigured at times--other times, mostly in their original arrangement.


















At one point the head of one of the wise men mysteriously fell off.  We also were presented with an angel with her arm detached.  R2 was devastated by all of this, of course.  C2, unfazed.  (Daddy has since miraculously reassembled the wise man.  The angel will need a bit of professional help).



Of course, everyone knows that wise men never lose their heads and there is no such thing as a broken angel... except at our house ;-)

No comments: