Saturday, September 12, 2009

Weesh in the Ongeesh (fish in the ocean)

C2's vocabulary is growing fast and furiously right now...but his pronunciation sometimes stumps me. Yesterday we were out in the backyard--I was sweeping the driveway while he was racing his cars down the hill. I heard his little voice say, "Wahee, yet, go!" and then off went the cars. After we cleaned, we went in the house to wash up. He got up to the sink and told me he needed some "yoap" for his hands. By the way, a little yoap is not enough. He needs lots of yoap, but he ends up cleaning the sink and the counter, too. Sometimes he adds a little toothpaste to it. Or shampoo.

Last night he was begging me for "cuachet". I had no idea what he was talking about, so I asked him to show me. He opened the refrigerator and pointed to the chocolate (73% cacao, of course). I gave him some. He slept all night. He pleaded for more cuachet this morning for breakfast. I gave him some. He fell asleep on the floor at nap time. We might have hit on something here.

1 comment:

charrette said...

I bet you never guessed your linguistic skills would be stretched to this extent.

And I highly recommend "cuachet" in medicinal doses as needed. I'm pretty sure you could market that.