Boy, as R2 calls C2, loves the vacuum. He loves the noise. He loves taking off and putting on the attachments. He loves taking the hose "auf" (off-he speaks a German version of C2 English) and walking around with it. He loves dragging it around the house--it's a canister vacuum. In the middle of the night sometimes he asks for the "ahco." Whenever he hears a leaf blower, he puts his hands to his ears and says, "ahco!" with a big smile on his face.
C2's favorite place in the world is the outdoors. First thing in the morning these days he drags me to the door and says emphatically, "Ahyo! Ahyo!" (outside) and cries if I don't let him go out immediately. By the way, it took me a while before I understood what "ahyo" meant.
Boy also tends to wake up around 4 am, often thinking it's time to play (sigh). After a few nights of this craziness, I finally explained to him that it's still time to sleep because it's dark outside, and I showed him out the window, repeating, "Dark outside." He pointed to the sky and said, "Gok ahyo." Now when he wakes up at 4, I don't have to say anything at all. He looks at me knowingly and says, "Gok ahyo!" and usually is pretty easy to put back to bed. Whew!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well done, Mom! (If only all our parenting problems could be solved with a vocabulary lesson...)
Post a Comment