This post is a report post. Nothing more, nothing less. FYI.
The crazy week started last Wednesday: dress rehearsal for ballet recital. R2 and her friend K were all dressed up in their "Over the Rainbow" costumes, cute as all get out!
But not at all interested in staying together or following the teacher's instructions :)
Late Wednesday night we found out that one of R2's teachers found a SNAKE at school...so school would be canceled the next day to manage the issue. Ugh. R2 and I both have our own snake issues. R1 and I discussed who was going to tell her--I suggested it would be better coming from him since I didn't know if I could mask my fear and disgust. He reminded me that he would be leaving early the next morning and probably wouldn't see her before she awoke. Ugh, again. So he helped me "script" what I would say, both the words and the tone. Of course, it came up within about two minutes of her waking. She took it well (really, thanks to her daddy helping her mommy get over herself). So off we went on our unusual Thursday without school. The culminating point was that both kids got to see their dad play soccer for the very first time!

They loved seeing Daddy play...C2 tried to play, too, naturally. They also loved jumping on the nearby pole vault pit and running around the track. You'd think they both would have conked out on the way home...nope! Completely wired!
Friday evening we went to an ice cream social at R2's school--no snake and no more questions about it from R2!
Saturday was R2's very first Big Ballet Recital! All three of her grandmothers were in attendance, a fact that she delighted in telling anyone who would listen.
She'll be on Broadway soon, so say the Grandmothers.The butterfly balloon was waaaay better than flowers!
Sunday: R2 gave a talk in Primary. Here are the pictures she drew to illustrate her topic (My family is blessed when we follow the promptings of the Holy Ghost):
R2 is top left, I am top right. C2 bottom center...and R1, the cutout figure on the right :)

The rainbow of happiness.
Next: a big family party at Brand Park!


Monday: Another big family party at Grandma and Grandpa's pool!
Diego towing Ruby.
No explanation needed.The next Wednesday, we went to the zoo with friend K and cousin L. Oh, how I wish I had a picture of the three girls, maps fully open, discussing where they'd like to go. Consensus? The camel. They found it themselves.
Stay tuned for another adventure...coming soon, no doubt!
1 comment:
Whew! what a whirlwind week! I love the Rainbow of Happiness. And I love that picture of Chapin at the end.
Post a Comment