Monday, May 18, 2009

Sleeping Beauty and the Prince?

R2 fell asleep on our way home from church yesterday--a common occurrence. I brought her in the house and put her on the couch, hoping she could get a bit of a nap. She looked like Sleeping Beauty: lying on her back, lovely dress, arms straight at her sides, head resting on a pillow with her hair flowing down the side, pink-painted toenails, a huge bandaid on each knee. Of course, C2 heard us come home. And he adores his sister. So, despite my best efforts to lock him out, he knocked and knocked and knocked until I opened the hall door so he could throw his arms around me for one second (what can I say, I'm a big pushover) and then be off to find his sister. I told him she was sleeping and to let her alone. Fat chance. To his credit, he didn't pinch her or pull her hair or jump on her, he just grabbed her sleeping feet and chanted her name "Bebes, Bebes, Bebes!" until she woke up. Mission accomplished.

It was too hard to decide which photo to use. The toes may be the same, but the face...oh, that face!


2 comments:

Quinne said...

sister, all your posting is making me look bad. and chipy chap looks like an angel. i think all the stories you tell about him being a stinker are all lies!

charrette said...

I like the close-up photo hands down! That angelic face...with the glimmer of mischief he can't disguise...reminds me so much of Rob!

I hope she wasn't grumpy when she woke up. That would have turned me into the wicked witch and ruined the whole story! :)